Monday, March 1, 2010

Bizarro World

I went to a 21st on Saturday night where there was no music from post-1990, the oldies were the ones getting munted and falling over on the dance floor, and all the youngsters were well behaved. Welcome to bizarro world.

I had another bizarro world moment yesterday. Sitting down watching a bit of TV and my left knee started aching. I had forgetten it used to do that (a lot) before I started running about a year ago. So that's what happens when I don't run for a few days. It starts complaining!



I had occasionally been worried that the increase in running I had been doing this year might cause me problems with my left knee. It needs an operation to fix stretched ligaments to stabilise the joint (old war wound / basketball injury), but I don't have the inclination to be out of action for several months while it heals and I go through rehab. So I put up with it, and most of the time I don't even notice it. On the odd occasion though, it does ache a little while running. Not enough to stop me, but enough to be a mild concern.

Well after last night, I think the concern is greater if I don't run. I got a subtle reminder of what happens when I laze around.

2 comments:

  1. Watching TV ?!

    Not running ?!

    Forgot my running gear ?!

    What the hell is going on over there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Bizarro world Jack! Nothing makes sense :)

    ReplyDelete