Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 35. DOMS and the Machine

Have a good case of DOMS today from Touch Rugby on Tuesday night. The adductors were screaming all day, although they seemed to ease up when I got on the treadmill at the gym for my warmup. The run tonight was in place of running to work, which will be tomorrow morning assuming I don't sleep in.

Absolutely buggered today. 2 nights of little sleep in the heat, plus touch rugby, plus the concert last night (Florence and the Machine absolutely rock live, go you good things) and not getting home till late all adds up.

But the run tonight as usual has me feeling chipper. I dunno how it works, I just know it works. I wasn't feeling too keen on the commute tomorrow but now it's all systems go. I also found that making a small change in focus when my feet land and lift off seemed to reduce the friction on the balls of my feet. A bit of playing around with it and by the end of the run I think I might have solved the blisters problem. Time will tell but it felt right.

Run Summary
Distance : 5.67km
Time : 27:12
Elevation : +5.9 / -8.6

No comments:

Post a Comment