Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 42. Scaling back

I am scaling the running back. Not because I don't enjoy it, or because I am feeling injured or tired, but I am concerned that it may be causing me to lose too much weight. I am slim enough as it is and although I feel quite healthy now, I'm happy to drop the excess body fat, but I'm wary of overdoing it and dropping too much lean body mass along the way.

So I am going to drop to 1 long endurance run per week, and 1 speed / intervals session per week, along with twice weekly gym sessions. On the "non-running" days I will run no more than 2km at most, and do it barefoot to continue the adaptation. This may not be a permanent thing, but I will do it until I am comfortable that I'm able to meet all my body's nutritional needs first. Some reading probably required.

So tonight was a 1.25km run, 3 circuits around the aths track. I found it incredibly difficult to stop at this point! These short runs will be merely to maintain the discipline of daily running.

It was absolutely belting down tonight in melbourne, and it was a pleasure running in the rain. Heading out in the massive storm that hit earlier this afternoon would have been brilliant, but alas I had to satisfy myself with watching it from the office. Sigh.

Run Summary
Distance : 1.25km
Time : 5:51
Elevation : + / - 0

No comments:

Post a Comment