Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 16. 1000 steps+

Jack and I wandered up to the 1000 steps in Upper FTG. That's one muther truckin climb. My legs were already pretty tired after yesterday's antics around the tan, and by the time we got to the top I was pretty stuffed.

I was deluded some time back thinking that one day I'll be able to run all the way up the 1000 steps. Talk about living in a dream world. Maybe one day it'll be possible but I don't think that day is in 2010. It's a serious climb!

After reaching the top we carried on down a side trail to get back to the car. Running down that was when I realised how bloody steep it was going up. I now have what I like to refer to as dead leg syndrome. An hour later and they still feel like jelly. I think tomorrow's run will be a little easier...

Run Summary
Distance : 6.23km
Time : 40:47
Elevation : +355.3 / -415.6


No comments:

Post a Comment