Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 24. Back to the start...

Back with Jack to the original stomping ground. We headed up to the Sherbrooke forest runs we hit up on New Years Day. This time around we knew what to expect, but it still didn't stop the hills from winning :) On the first trail, we both hit the uphill section, and our memories played tricks on us because after the first stretch, we both thought it was much easier than last time. Then we rounded the corner and it all came flooding back....there it is! The hill from hell. So the score now stands 2-0 in the hill's favour. I am determined to beat this beotch.

We then hit the second trail after a bit of brunch (no eggs bene this time), and I am proud to say I made it up without stopping, in about 8:23. Not far off my goal of 8 minutes. I thought it would take a few months to reach this fitness level, so I'm happy with the progress so far.

Love these trails. Have to take a small camera up with us next time.

Run Summary - Run 1
Distance : 6.39km
Time : 35:44
Elevation : +223.5 / -230.0





Run Summary - Run 2
Distance : 2.02km
Time : 15:41
Elevation : +117.8 / -117.8


No comments:

Post a Comment